Tuesday 4 March 2014

Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick & Lipglass Review

Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick & Lipglass 
Review & Pictures!



Finally after a long few weeks I have found the time to do my review...

I have been so busy with a new puppy and getting woken up at ridiculous times, so again, apologies! I hope everyone enjoyed my last review as much as I enjoyed writing it! 


First off I'd like to mention that I only tried the Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick (£15 R.R.P) today, but I have loved it so far. It is her second frost finish lipstick from her collaboration with MAC, the first being 'Who's That Chick' (shimmering burnt-orange) from her fall collection. The packaging of this duo is beautiful, it has a slight suedey look to it and feels smooth to the touch. It goes very well with the colours of the lipstick and lipglass.


Although this has been compared to Riri Woo, it is nothing like it! It is a blue-toned red, the finish is much more creamy and the colour is a lot more of a deep red and slightly shimmery. I applied it with no issues and it lasted for around five and a half hours. I did end up with the 'lipstick tashe' and had to reapply it to fill in the lipstick that had faded. 
I used a red lip liner to edge it off a bit more but it wasn't a great match so I will add the correct lip pencil soon. I was disappointed with the scent as it smelt like an old MAC lipstick (waxy) rather than the usual chocolate scent we all expect. 
But overall I rate this a 9/10.


I have been using the Viva Glam Rihanna Lipglass (£14 R.R.P) for over a week now and I absolutely adore this gloss. The only issue that I have with MAC's lip glosses is the stickiness! My long hair and the Scottish wind do not like this gloss simply because I find myself constantly pulling my hair from my lips. It lasted for around 4 hours alone.



The application is direct & simple, the colour would compliment any and every skin tone as it is not very opaque and has only slight pinkish-red colouring and gold/pink shimmer. 

I have used this over my other red and pink lipsticks and it looks gorgeous over all of them. Even used on it's own will look beautiful. My overall view on this gloss is 9/10, if you own many red or pink lipsticks and enjoy topping them with gloss I would definitely recommend you use this product.




 You should go and try these two beautiful additions to MAC's Viva Glam Collection as it may not be a permanent duo. So get them while you can! 

I'd also like to thank my sponsor for the Viva Glam Rihanna Lipstick! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment